Packing Tips And Tricks To Your New Home
Bundle breakables together. For dishes, put packing paper around each one, then wrap bundles of five or six together with more paper. Pack dishes on their sides, never flat.
Packing tips and tricks
- Tips to make sure valuables come out of their boxes in good shape
- Use the right size boxes
- Put heavy items in smaller boxes like books and put lighter items like linens in bigger boxes.
- Also put heavier items in the bottom of the box and lighter items on top. Fill in gaps with clothing, towels or packing paper. DON’T leave boxes loosely packed.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box.
- Label each box for the room it’s destined for. Tape the boxes well.
- If you’re moving expensive art, get special crating.
- Bundle breakables together. For dishes, put packing paper around each one, then wrap bundles of five or six together with more paper. Pack dishes on their sides, never flat. Use plenty of bunched up paper for padding above and below.
- Treat TVs like any other piece of furniture, wrapping them in quilted blankets or furniture pads. However plasma Tvs must stay upright and can be ruined if laid flat…
- Collect your valuables in a safe lock box.
- Get a large cooler for moving day, maybe two or three for all your fridge and freezer items.